- A Mineral Turpentine Soluble Polyurethane Alkyd Resin-based Interior Varnish.
- Titanium Polyurethane Varnish is a clear coating available in gloss, satin and matt finishes and dries to the applicable appearance.
Properties and Uses
- Titanium Polyurethane Varnish is only suitable for use internally. Due to the product being based on a polyurethane alkyd resin, it has excellent hardness, slip and mar resistance and is suitable for use on interior wooden furniture, wooden kitchen cupboards, etc.
- Essential for good paint performance is a substrate that has been properly cleaned and prepared.
- These instructions are issued as an aid in determining correct surface preparation, mixing and application procedure and should be closely followed to obtain maximum service from the material.
1. New Uncoated Timber
- (a) Apply one coat of Titanium Polyurethane Varnish thinned 10% with Mineral Turpentine and allow to dry for a minimum of 16 hours.
- (b) Sand lightly and apply 2 coats of Polyurethane Varnish as supplied, sanding between coats and allowing a minimum drying time of 16 hours between coats.
2. Previously Varnished Timber
- (a) Sand lightly.
- (b) Apply 2 coats of Polyurethane Varnish as supplied, sanding between coats and allowing a minimum drying time of 16 hours between coats.
Application Method: Brush or spray.
Spreading Rate: ± 10m² per litre.
Drying Time: Surface dry 4 hours, hard dry 16 hours at 25ºC.
Cleaning of Utensils: Mineral Turpentine.
Packaging Sizes: 5 L and 1 L
Colour Range: Clear only.
Download Data Sheet
Ti-Proof Data Sheet.pdf