- A Styrene Butadiene-Based Polymer.
- A milky liquid when wet, but almost transparent when dry.
- Titanium Ti-Flex, when mixed with sand and cement, can be used as a Bonding Slurry. When mixed with cement only, Titanium TiFlex makes an ideal waterproofing slurry, which, if used in conjunction with Bontex Membrane, is suitable for the waterproofing of walkways (under tiles), flower boxes and for sealing of ponds. Titanium Ti-Flex, when mixed with sand and cement, can be used as a patching mortar.
Mixing and Application Instructions
1. Slurry for Shower Walls
- (a) Mix 2 parts by volume Portland Cement with equal volumes of water and Titanium Ti-Flex.
- (b) Apply one coat, lying-off vertically and allow to become touch dry.
- (c) Apply a second coat, lying-off horizontally. Note: Keep mix well stirred while using.
- (d) Spreading Rate: 4 litres will cover approximately 2m².
2. Waterproofing of Shower Bases
- (a) Mix 2 parts by volume Portland cement with equal volumes of water and Titanium Ti-Flex.
- (b) Apply a bedding coat and, whilst wet, lay Bontex Membrane. Allow to become touch dry. Note: The fabric must be fully wet from behind.
- (c) Apply a saturation coat when touch-dry.
- (d) Apply two final coats. Note: Keep mix well stirred while using.
- (e) Spreading Rate: 4 litres will cover approximately 1m² as saturation of the fabric will require liberal use.
3. Slurry for Walkways / Bonding Slurry
- (a) Mix equal volumes of sand, cement and Titanium Ti-Flex and thin with water to application consistency. Note: Keep mix well stirred when using.
- (b) Spreading Rate: Depending on the viscosity of the solution, 4 litres should cover about 1.5m².
4. Patching Mortar
- (a) Mix 3 parts of sand, 1 part of Portland Cement and 0.5 parts of Titanium Ti-Flex by volume.
- (b) Add water to form a paste-like consistency.
Note: It is recommended that a priming coat consisting of the slurry, as in 3 above, should be used prior to
application of the patching mortar. The Patching Mortar may be applied while the priming coat is still wet.
Download Data Sheet
Ti-Flex Data Sheet.pdf