Tufftex No. 1 Fine is a Pure Acrylic-based Finely Textured Coating.
- Fine textured with excellent flexibility. The coating dries to a tough film with an attractive glitter, which becomes more pronounced on ageing.
Properties and Uses
- Tufftex No. 1 Fine is a heavy duty coating for exterior use with outstanding weathering characteristics, excellent adhesion, alkali and water resistance. Suitable for covering fine cracks and minor plaster imperfections.
- Essential for good paint performance is a sound substrate that has been properly cleaned and prepared. On existing painted surfaces to be redecorated, a small section of paint must be removed to establish the condition of the original paint and the substrate. Where there is doubt, the paint must be removed to a sound base. All surfaces must be dry, free from loose and flaky material, grease and fungus prior to applying the new paint system.
- These instructions are issued as an aid in determining correct surface preparation, mixing and application procedure and should be closely followed to obtain maximum service from the material.
1. New Unpainted Exterior Wall Surfaces
e.g. Masonry, brick, fibre cement, one coat plaster.
- (a) 1 st coat: Titanium Masonry Primer.
- (b) 2 nd and 3rd coat: Titanium Tufftex No. 1.
2. Previously Painted Exterior Wall Surfaces
- (a) Remove fungus growth, dust, loose and flaky material from the surface by means of a high pressure water jet. Allow to dry properly.
- (b) 1 st application: Titanium Anti-Fungus Wash and leave on the surface for 24 hours.
- (c) Fill all surface cracks and imperfections with Titanium Ti-Fill.
- (d) 1 st coat: Spot-prime with Titanium Masonry Primer.
- (e) 2
nd and 3
rd coat: Titanium Tufftex No. 1.
Application Method : Brush or roller.
Spreading Rate : ± 6 - 7m² per litre per coat on smooth surfaces.
Cleaning of Utensils : Wash immediately after use with warm soapy water. Hardened splashes can be removed with Meths.
Packaging Sizes : 20 L, 5 L and 1 L
Colour Range : White and a variety of standard colours or any other special Tint.
Dowload Data Sheet
Tufftex No.1 Fine Data Sheet.pdf