- Ti-Sheil is a Mineral Turpentine Soluble Vegetable Oil-based Wood Treatment.
- Ti-Sheil soaks into the timber and dries to an eggshell finish.
Properties and Uses
- Titanium Ti-Sheil is for external use only on all soft woods. Due to the inclusion of an active wood preservative, Ti-Sheil offers biocidal protection against fungi and insects as well as global radiation. When tinted to colours, the life span and effectiveness of the coating is enhanced by the inclusion of Transparent Iron Oxide Pigments.
- Essential for good paint performance is a sound substrate that has been properly cleaned and prepared.
- These instructions are issued as an aid in determining correct surface preparation, mixing and application procedure and should be closely followed to obtain maximum service from the material. Ti-Sheil is not suitable for use over previously varnished surfaces, unless the previous coating has been completely removed.
1. New Uncoated Timber
- (a) Apply two coats of Ti-Sheil as supplied, allowing 24 hours between coats.
2. Timber in Poor Condition Previously Treated with Ti-Sheil
- (a) Wash down with a saturated solution of Washing Soda in water.
- (b) Neutralise with a ±10% solution of Oxalic Acid in water.
- (c) Wash off with plenty of fresh water and allow to dry in depth.
- (d) Apply two coats of Ti-Sheil as supplied, allowing 24 hours between coats.
3. Timber in Good Condition Previously Treated with Ti-Sheil
- (a) Sand lightly and wipe down with a damp cloth.
- (b) Apply one coat of Ti-Sheil as supplied.
Application Method: Brush.
Spreading Rate: ± 12m² per litre.
Drying Time: Surface dry 8 hours, hard dry 24 hours at 25ºC.
Cleaning of Utensils: Mineral Turpentine.
Packaging Sizes: 5 L and 1 L
Colour Range: Clear and Mahogany Light
Download Data Sheet
Ti-Sheil Data Sheet.pdf